Your Galaxy S5 can manage POP, IMAP and Exchange email accounts with a minimum of fuss. Follow our guide below to start receiving your emails on your new smart phone!
- We covered setting up a Google account in the initial setup, but if you didn’t complete it then you can add one now.
- Open your apps list and find Settings. Tap it to open, then scroll down to Accounts & Sync.
- Tap add account and choose Google to start adding your Gmail account to the phone.
- Tap Existing to sign in with your Gmail account, then touch the Email box to enter your Gmail address. Tap Password to type in your password. Press the right arrow when you’re done to move onto the next step.
- Agree to the Terms of service and untick the box if you don’t want to receive news and offers about the Google Play Store. Tap the right arrow to continue signing in.
- You may be asked to set up some payment details in order to purchase apps and other media from the Play Store. This isn’t compulsory and can be skipped by pressing not now.
- Once you’ve decided on your payment method you will be shown a list of Google-related services on your phone that are now active. Tap the right arrow to complete the Gmail setup and your emails will start to arrive on your phone very shortly!
- Open the App Drawer by pressing the square icon at the bottom of the home screen.
- Go back to your Settings app, then Accounts & Sync and press add account.
- Usually your account will use POP3 or IMAP and can be set up by choosing Email. If you have an Exchange email account, choose Microsoft Exchange Activesync.
- Most email accounts can be configured quite quickly, simply type in your email address and password, then tap Next to continue.
- If everything was successful you will be taken to the Account settings page to decide how often you want the app to check for new emails and whether you’d like notifications when an email arrives. Tap Next to move on to the last part of the setup.
- Fill in your name in the empty box. This will be displayed on any emails you send from your phone so keep it clean! Once you’re happy with your details, tap Next to finish the email setup.
- When performing a Manual setup, you will need to know your email address, password, and incoming & outgoing mail servers. The port numbers are usually filled in automatically but in some circumstances may need to be changed.