The Samsung Galaxy S5 has incorporated fingerprint recognition technology to not only unlock the phone, but also to allow you to quickly and easily pay for things via PayPal.To set up fingerprint recognition, follow our guide below.
- On the Home screen, tap the Apps icon (looks like a grid of squares).
- Tap the Settings icon.
- In the Quick Settings section, tap Finger Scanner.
- Tap Fingerprint manager, read the disclaimer, and tap OK to proceed.
- Swipe your finger across the Home button (that’s where the fingerprint reader is) as shown in the onscreen animation. You may need to do this a few times until your fingerprint has been stored.
- You will need to set a password to unlock the screen as an alternative to using the fingerprint scanner. Enter your chosen word, and tap Continue. Verify by re-entering it, and tap Continue again.
- Now that your fingerprint has been stored, you can set it to use as the screen unlock method. To do this tap OK, or tap Cancel to exit the setup.
- Tap on Fingerprint to select this as your unlock method.
- If you want to link your PayPal account to your phone in order to use fingerprint-actuated payment, tap Pay with PayPal and follow the directions to sign in to your PayPal account.
To test that it is set up correctly, press the power button on the side of the S5 to lock the screen. Press the Home button to light the screen, then swipe your finger across the reader to unlock your phone!